009: Melissa Camilleri – Big Profit & Purpose on Instagram
Welcome to another exciting episode of The Six Figure Side Gig Podcast. On today’s show we are talking about how a great idea with a personal touch to raise money to help deserving students to obtain their goal of a college education, turned into a six figure side gig; that further evolved into yet another side gig.
Joining us to share her story of success is Melissa Camilleri. Melissa is a graduate of St. Mary’s College, and during her time in school spent a year abroad in Malta. After getting her Master’s Degree in Creative Non-Fiction, Melissa went on to teach high school for ten years. It was during her time as a teacher that Melissa came up with the idea to assist deserving students achieve a higher education by raising money for scholarships. This led Melissa to her first side gig, selling jewelry. From those early days of selling rings, Melissa has grown her business to include a wide line of products, a website and an organic social media following of more than 30,000 people.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Six Figure Side Gig.
More About This Show:
Although Melissa had and still has a passion for teaching, after ten years in the classroom and the meteoric growth of her side gig…she decided to transition full time into entrepreneur. Melissa endured a tough year, going through a divorce, three sudden and unexpected deaths in the family and overall unhappiness with her work environment, she decided it was time to make the commitment and change her focus to her jewelry business. Melissa will share how she went from selling jewelry as a side gig to creating a business identity and presence that made her business (Compliment) the success that it is today. From adding more products to her sales line, to engaging her target audience through social media and now teaching others how to do the same for their businesses, Melissa has found a recipe for success that she is eager to share with other entrepreneurs.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How a personal touch with your target audience can go a very long way
- Why diversity in social media marketing outlets in important
- How to engage your fan base into organic growth opportunities
- How fear of the unknown can be the fuel for success
Special thanks to Melissa Camilleri for sharing her strategies and story on today’s show, and thanks to you for joining us as well. See you next time on The Six Figure Side Gig podcast.
- Visit Melissa’s website at shopcompliment.com
- Check out Lewis Howes podcast, mentioned in the show today at www.lewishowes.com
- Text the word sidegig to the number 22828 to get the free video: How to Build a Six Figure Side Business
- Subscribe to Six Figure Side Gig Podcast
- Visit the website at sixfiguresidegig.com
- Write a Review on iTunes