013: Merrymaker Sisters – Creating A Huge, Loyal Following
Welcome to another exciting episode of The Six Figure Side Gig Podcast! Today we are talking about building an engaged audience and monetizing your blog.
Joining us on the show today are real food, health and happiness experts, the Merrymaker Sisters – Emma & Carla Papas. After finishing college with degrees in Public Relations and Event Management, both Carla and Emma found themselves working in regimented government positions.
In 2012 Emma was diagnosed with gluten intolerance. As a result, both sisters started the paleo way of eating. Soon after they both became aware of the benefits a paleo diet was having on them, they began sharing their experiences. Starting with just posting pictures of food they created on Instagram, they soon added a blog. From the blog came the realization that they could one day earn a living from doing what they loved, cooking and sharing. Not long after, both sisters quit their government jobs and have not looked back. Today the Merrymaker Sisters have an audience of more than 97,000 readers to their blog each month, as well as published cook books and forged brand partnerships with a number of fortune 500 companies around the world.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Six Figure Side Gig.
More About This Show:
Emma and Carla share their journey and how their movement evolved in a few short years to a worldwide audience. It was just three short months of blogging and the sisters knew they could make a future from their passion and knowledge of healthy cooking. From producing and providing massive amounts of quality content from audience requests, to partnering with other brands to share and gain fan base, the sisters have made their blog and products known around the world. The Merrymaker Sisters have found their “recipe” for success and want to share it with you.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How responding to your audience requests quickly results in audience growth
- Why collaboration is important to a blog
- Why and how to partner with a brand
- What partnering with another brand can bring to your brand
- How to optimize your blog for greater visibility
- The importance of thinking forward
- Why you should find guidance from your competitors
Special thanks to Carla & Emma, the Merrymaker Sisters, for sharing their journey and strategies for success on today’s show, and thanks to you for joining us as well. See you next time on The Six Figure Side Gig podcast!
- Contact the Merrymaker Sisters at www.themerrymakersisters.com
- Check out Joseph Campbell, author of “The Power of Myth”, mentioned on today’s show
- Text the word sidegig to the number 22828 to get the free video: How to Build a Six Figure Side Business
- Subscribe to Six Figure Side Gig Podcast
- Visit the website at sixfiguresidegig.com
- Write a Review on iTunes