020: Zach Swinehart – From Side Gig to Conventional Job and Back Again
Joining us today is Zach Swinehart, web designer for some of internet marketing’s best and brightest stars.
Zach has had a unique journey that differs from most guests who have been featured on this show. For Zach, he actually started out as a full time online entrepreneur, then joined the traditional corporate agency and then finally left his corporate job to strike it out on his own again in the entrepreneurial world.
More About This Show:
When Zach was 19 and attending college with a focus on business, he started his own web design business. He soon felt confident enough in his venture to drop out of college. Structuring his business model after a traditional growth model, Zach and his team began to “churn” out the work. Soon his business was about quantity and not quality. This led to burnout for Zach and the business stopped accepting new clients. Zach then went on to accept his first position in the industry working for an outside firm. Taking the experience he had previously and the opportunity to learn from his job, Zach again started his side gig. Making the most of his real world experience and with a new focus on quality, Zach has re-built his side gig with much greater success than ever before.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How a real job can become a useable education
- Why a primary income can be so important while building your side gig
- How quality work can become your primary marketing tool
- Why “building around your passion” can be the recipe for your success
Special thanks to Zach Swinehart for sharing his journey & great successes on today’s show, and thanks to you for joining us as well. See you next time on The Six Figure Side Gig podcast!
- Contact Zach at www.zachswinehart.com
- Text the word sidegig to the number 22828 to get the free video: How to Build a Six Figure Side Business
- Subscribe to Six Figure Side Gig Podcast
- Visit the website at sixfiguresidegig.com
- Write a Review on iTunes