025: Francis Nelson BeeBe – Capitalizing On Perfection: The Artisan Approach
Welcome to another exciting episode of The Six Figure Side Gig Podcast! On today’s show we are discussing the benefits of successfully specializing in a small, individual and boutique artisan product.
Joining us is Francis Nelson BeeBe, founder of Mr. Nelson’s Cookies. Mark and Nelson discuss how after more than 30 years in the corporate world and a comfortable retirement, a one of a kind chocolate chip cookie has become Nelson’s six figure income. Nelson shares how an incredibly detailed business plan, social media marketing, an in-depth understanding of his audience and a single superior product have made Mr. Nelson’s Cookies a huge success nationwide in less than two years.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Six Figure Side Gig.
More About This Show:
After 30 years as a corporate executive, Nelson retired to the good life of golf and relaxation. Soon he was pursuing his lifelong interest in the culinary arts and attending cooking school. After graduating from the Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Scottsdale he and his wife became the hosts and toasts of the neighborhood. But Nelson wanted more. He envisioned a very personal, one man operation that specialized in something special he had worked years on developing the “perfect” chocolate chip cookie for his son. With some serious business and product planning, along with his now adult son’s knowledge of social media marketing, Mr. Nelson’s Cookies was born. In less than two years, his near ¼ lb chocolate chip cookie has become a gift favorite nationwide.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How a detailed business plan can be 80% of your path to success
- Why the package for your product should be equal to quality of product in it
- The clear advantage market research and product knowledge can give a business
- How restlessness in your everday life can push you towards greatness
Special thanks to Francis Nelson Beebe, founder of Mr. Nelson’s Cookies, for speaking with me and sharing this great story of entrepreneurial success, and thanks to you for you for joining us as well. See you next time on The Six Figure Side Gig podcast!
- Contact Francis at mrnelsonscookies.com
- On Facebook at MrNelsonsCookies
- Books mentioned in this episode –
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen R. Covey
- Leadership Principles from the Father of Quality, W. Edwards Deming
- Text the word sidegig to the number 22828 to get the free video: How to Build a Six Figure Side Business
- Subscribe to Six Figure Side Gig Podcast
- Visit the website at sixfiguresidegig.com
- Write a Review on iTunes