046: Dr. Dan Ritchie – Targeting an Underserved Aging Population in Personal Fitness
Joining us today is Dr. Dan Ritchie. Dan is the co-founder of the Functional Aging Institute, author of the bestselling book, Never Grow Old, and was the Personal Fitness Professional’s “Personal Trainer of the Year”, in 2014. Dan’s primary business focus is the overall health and fitness of the baby boomer generation and older, both in the United States and abroad. Dan and I discuss the demand that the older portion of the population has for personal training. Dan also shares how his organization has introduced a certified educational program to teach people to become personal trainers that specialize in serving the senior population.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Six Figure Side Gig.
More About This Show:
Dr. Ritchie has a PHD in kinesiology and has worked in the fitness industry for more than 15 years. Dr. Ritchie recognized during his career the need and want that the baby boomer generation has for improving their lives through fitness. In 2013 Dr. Ritchie and Dr. Cody Sipe founded the Functional Institute on Aging and started to exclusively focus on the requirements and demands of the older generations. Today the Functional Aging Institute offers a wide variety of services for both clients and those that seek further education in personal training for the world’s aging population.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How to develop a certification plan
- Why older adults have been largely ignored by the personal training business
- How to utilize a pre-authored book for marketing
- How mastermind groups facilitate opportunities, accountability and big ideas
- The importance of dedication to content creation in the first years of your business
Special thanks to Dr. Dan Ritchie for taking time from schedule to speak with us and thanks to you for you for joining us today. See you next time on The Six Figure Side Gig podcast!
- Contact Dr. Ritchie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pure Genius: Dan Sullavan’s Lifetime Focusing System for Total Self-mastery Audio, available on Amazon
- The Hour A Day Entrepreneur: Escape the Rat Race and Achieve Entrepreneurial Freedom With Only One Focused Hour A Day, by Henry J. Evans
- The Millionaire Mind, by Thomas J. Stanley
- How to make attracting your clients much easier, By Nicole Gephardt
- Subscribe to Six Figure Side Gig Podcast
- Visit the website at sixfiguresidegig.com
- Write a Review on iTunes