048: Autumn Witt-Boyd – Be Legally Prepared & Protected For Success
Joining us today is Autumn Witt-Boyd. Autumn is a business attorney specializing in working with entrepreneurs. Because copyright and trademark laws are in federal jurisdiction, she is able to represent on-line businesses across the nation. Autumn and I discuss the basic needs of a start up to the very complex questions of protecting entrepreneurial intellectual property. She also touches on “common law rights” that allow certain basic protections for small businesses in the first few months of operation.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Six Figure Side Gig.
More About This Show:
After graduating in 2004 Autumn went to work for Senior United States District Judge Curtis Collier. Later she spent seven years working with a law firm that specialized in copyright infringement. Autumn started her own law practice in February of this year, focusing on the needs of both new entrepreneurs and established businesses. She now applies her expertise in helping them gain copyrights and trademarks.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why an LLC may be the best entity choice your business
- How to protect yourself and interests when entering into a partnership
- The importance of researching your business name and logo before investing in using them
- Why new entrepreneurs should also be aware of infringements they could be committing
- How to be sure you are legally protected in a collaboration from the first conversation
Special thanks to Autumn Witt-Boyd for taking time from her busy day to speak with us and thanks to you for you for joining us today. See you next time on The Six Figure Side Gig podcast!
- Contact Autumn at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Answers to your top 10 copyright & trademark questions at awbfirm.com/top10questions/
- Subscribe to Six Figure Side Gig Podcast
- Visit the website at sixfiguresidegig.com
- Write a Review on iTunes