051: Andy Puddicombe – Being Prepared For Challenges
In today’s episode I describe how my transition from a full time dentist to a full time entrepreneur and part time dentist are a result of great business systems. Because I have been able to incorporate those same business systems to not only the dental practice side of my business but also my other business endeavors, a recent shake up in how my time and focus is structured has been much easier. My dedication to my morning ritual that includes guided meditation has allowed me to maintain the energy, patience and balance I need for this demanding time. Today I am sharing a great Ted Talks with you from Andy Puddicombe on the topic of meditation. Andy has a fantastic app I utilize everyday as part of my morning ritual called Headspace. If you have tried meditation and have been challenged by what you may think the principles are, you might be very surprised to hear what Andy shares in this clip.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Six Figure Side Gig.
More About This Show:
Andy Puddicombe is a former Buddhist monk that studied meditation for a greater understanding of the present moment. Seeking to learn how to live in the present and be mindful of the present moment. He has traveled and studied in Nepal, India, Burma, Thailand and Russia. Andy has since founded Headspace, a digital health platform based on guided meditation and is currently a meditation consultant.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How incorporating systems in your business can give you more freedom
- The importance of maintaining your morning ritual, even when your schedule is demanding
- Why you should be dealing with your stress and not ignoring it
- How meditation can bring you energy, focus and balance
- How to live in and be mindful of the present
Very special thanks to you for joining me today. See you next time on the Six Figure Side Gig podcast!
- Ted Talks at https://www.ted.com/talks
- Headspace Meditation app https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app
- Text the word sidegig to the number 22828 to get the free video: How to Build a Six Figure Side Business
- Subscribe to Six Figure Side Gig Podcast
- Visit the website at sixfiguresidegig.com
- Write a Review on iTunes