057: Mark Costes – Balance, Delegation and Finding Your Sweet Spot
Today I answer a listener question on life and career balance from Oscar D. in Philadelphia. Oscar asks “How do you find time for personal development, reading and family?”
I get in depth in my story of burnout from 80 hour work weeks and the changes I made to create the balance I have today that allows me time with my children, wife, and friends and to be a highly successful entrepreneur. After selling four out six of my dental practices, I learned the art of delegation, creating and implementing systemization.
I then went on to produce an information product that now earns more than six figures a year. I also talk about how I began to coach and consult for other entrepreneurs to achieve success.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Six Figure Side Gig.
More About This Show:
Today I touch on how I keep up on my reading list and the latest books that have influenced my success. I also share my enthusiasm for Ted Talks and the incredible topics, lectures and people that are available on the series that also influence my personal growth. Finally, I discuss the strategies I’m using the most for the upcoming year of entrepreneurial growth.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why work/life balance is essential
- How to designate time to reading and personal growth
- Why you should define the non-negotiable terms for your life
- How to maximize your time
Special thanks to Oscar D. in Philadelphia for his question. Thanks to you for you for joining us today. See you next time on The Six Figure Side Gig podcast!
- Books mentioned in this podcast
- Business Stripped Bare: Adventures of a Global Entrepreneur, by Richard Branson
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future, by Ashlee Vance
- The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime, by M. J. DeMarco
- Empire State of Mind: How Jay-Z Went from Street Corner to Corner Office, by Zack O’Malley Greenburg
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win, by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- The School of Greatness, by Lewis Howes
- Find Ted Talks at https://www.ted.com/talks
- Email your questions for Mark to email@example.com
- Text the word sidegig to the number 22828 to get the free video: How to Build a Six Figure Side Business
- Subscribe to Six Figure Side Gig Podcast
- Visit the website at sixfiguresidegig.com
- Write a Review on iTunes