058: Embracing Accountability For Exponential Growth
Today I share a presentation I recently gave to the Elite Practice Mastermind group I coach at our quarterly meeting in New Orleans. The focus of the presentation is the concept of extreme ownership based on the book Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win, by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin. If you have not read it, I recommend checking it out. I opened my meeting by playing the first chapter of the audio book and defining the core of what constitutes an effective leader in any leadership endeavor. Whether it is in a military or business atmosphere, leadership is key to the success of any mission or goal. Accepting responsibility for failures, overcoming weaknesses and consistently working harder are all part of being or becoming an effective leader. I provide the tools to define your level of leadership success and then cover how to become a better leader for your team to achieve greater business success.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Six Figure Side Gig.
More About This Show:
I discuss how to determine what has worked, what has not worked and what you want to achieve in the next year. I also describe how to assess your leadership abilities and how to change what is not working for you, your business and personal life. Additionally I relate how you can set and achieve the goals of first wealth in 2017.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The value of immediate feedback and guidance a mastermind group can provide
- How to set aside ego and accept responsibility for failures
- The importance of taking advantage of all possible resources at your disposal to become a better leader
- How to make the tough decisions and have uncomfortable conversations
Special thanks to the Elite Practice Mastermind group for being the wealth of experience, perspective and differentiating strengths we are to one another in the world of business.
- Books mentioned in this podcast
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win, by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- Email your questions for Mark to email@example.com
- Text the word sidegig to the number 22828 to get the free video: How to Build a Six Figure Side Business
- Subscribe to Six Figure Side Gig Podcast
- Visit the website at sixfiguresidegig.com
- Write a Review on iTunes