059: Carrie Olsen – How To Engineer Your Escape
Joining us today is Carrie Olsen. Carrie is a wife, a mother, voiceover actress, podcast host, author, blogger, speaker, voice acting coach and teacher of the very successful workshop “Voiceover Success Intensive”. Carrie and I discuss how her corporate job contributed to making her side gig of voiceover acting a success. She describes how she achieved amazing and quick success in the niche industry of voice acting. Carrie shares how her new career has given her the freedom to work from anywhere at any time, allowing her family to travel the U.S. for more than five months in the last year. We also speak about the influence her previous experience as a podcast co-host and co-author of a book with her husband has had on her pursuit of her very unique and interesting choice of voiceover work.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Six Figure Side Gig.
More About This Show:
About a year ago Carrie was making a 60 minute commute each way to her corporate job as an online trainer in e-learning. After listening to a podcast featuring Allison Steele, a 20 year veteran voiceover actress, Carrie decided to explore the voiceover industry. With coaching and guidance from her mentor Allison, Carrie was able to quickly break into the voiceover industry. Within four months had enough financial success she was able to leave her corporate job and become a full time voice actress. Carrie’s practical knowledge of how to create e-learning webinars combined with quick success as a voiceover actress has allowed her to also create her own e-course on voiceover acting.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How to determine if you are an expert in your field
- Why a coach/mentor with recent experience versus one with years of experience might be a better choice for you
- How to collect leads through guest blogging
- Why a video or audio blog can be easier than a written one
- The importance of giving away guidance and knowledge at no charge
Special thanks to Carrie Olsen for taking time today to speak with us and thanks to you for you for joining us today. See you next time on The Six Figure Side Gig podcast!
- Contact Carrie at email@example.com
- Find Carrie’s website at carrieolsenvo.com
- Get the “FREE Getting Started in Voiceover Guide” at https://carrieolsenvo.com/getting-started/
- Mentioned in this podcast;
Podcast “Better Conversations on Money and Marriage” on iTunes
One Bed, One Bank Account: Better Conversations on Money and Marriage, by Derek and Carrie Olsen