068: Francis Nelson Beebe – Evolution After Corporate Life
Joining us today is Francis Nelson Beebe, better known to many as Mr. Nelson of Mr. Nelson’s Cookies. Fran and I first spoke last August during his original interview for the Six Figure Side Gig podcast. At that time, he was in his second year of business selling one of a kind artisan chocolate chip cookies. His business plan focused primarily on internet sales and marketing. Today Fran and I catch up what a phenomenal success Mr. Nelson’s Cookies is and how the original business plan has flexed and grown in surprising directions since we last spoke. Fran also shares the exciting new product he has in development and how exposure at Fine Arts Festivals and Wine Tasting events have increased his customer demographic.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Six Figure Side Gig.
More About This Show:
After 30 years as a corporate executive, Nelson retired. Soon he was pursuing his lifelong interest in the culinary arts and attending cooking school. After graduating from the Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Scottsdale he wanted more. He envisioned a very personal, one man operation that specialized in one product: the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Mr. Nelson’s Cookies was born. In less than two years, his near ¼ lb chocolate chip cookie has become a gift favorite nationwide.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The importance of a well researched business plan
- How to create a business plan with flexibility for growth in unexpected directions
- Why product development is important to a goods based business
- The value of networking and being in places to network
- Why every business owner should have an exit
- How to define your business limits and stick to them to maintain reputation
Special thanks to Francis (Mr. Nelson) Beebe for taking time from his busy day to catch up with us and thanks to you for you for joining us today. See you next time on The Six Figure Side Gig podcast!
- Contact Francis at mrnelsonscookies.com
- On Facebook at MrNelsonsCookies
- Mentioned in this episode –
- Charging the Human Battery: 50 Ways to Motivate Yourself, by Mac Anderson
- Text the word sidegig to the number 22828 to get the free video: How to Build a Six Figure Side Business
- Subscribe to Six Figure Side Gig Podcast
- Visit the website at SixFigureSideGig.com
- Write a Review on iTunes