071: Carrie Wilkerson – The Barefoot Executive
Joining us today is Carrie Wilkerson. Carrie is known best as The Barefoot Executive, after her bestselling book of the same name. The primary focus of Carrie’s business is a combination of private coaching, keynote speaking, content generation and sales force training through motivation and education for large corporations. Today Carrie and I speak about her journey from never imagining she would be an entrepreneur to how a strong desire to stay home with her newly adopted children and still have an income led her to start her own business. She also shares how instead of constantly trying to pursue work/life balance, her family has developed a rhythm of functioning and supporting each other in both business success and personal happiness.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Six Figure Side Gig.
More About This Show:
In addition to being a busy wife and mother, Carrie is an international speaker, an award-winning podcaster, and a sought after radio guest. Featured on CNN and Fox Business News and named by Forbes as a top small business influencer, she has also consulted with the marketing and launch teams of Dr. John Maxwell, Zig Ziglar, Google Small Business and other influential business leaders on business strategies and current trends. Over the remainder of this year Carrie will be releasing a series of five books with a theme of practical leadership.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why effective scheduling can create rhythm, structure, and accountability for your entire family
- How a yearly business plan allows your business to grow organically
- Why encouragement given and received is key to business success
- How to create a life you want and keep your priorities intact
Special thanks to Carrie Wilkerson for taking time from her day to speak with us and thanks to you for you for joining us today. See you next time on The Six Figure Side Gig podcast!
- Reach Carrie at http://carriewilkerson.com/
- Find Carrie on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BarefootExecutive/?fref=ts
- Find Carrie on Instagram @carriewilkerson
- The Barefoot Executive: The Ultimate Guide for Being Your Own Boss, by Carrie Wilkerson
- Books mentioned in this episode:
Deliver the Unexpected, by Bob Burg
The Art of Persuasion, by Bob Burg
Power of an Hour, by Bob Burg
Rain: What a Paperboy Learned About Business, by Jeffrey L. Fox
The Ultimate Sales Machine, by Chet Holmes
The Sell: The Secrets of Selling Anything to Anyone, by Frederik Ecklund with Bruce Littlefield
Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World, by Cal Newport
UnMarketing: Stop Marketing. Start Engaging., by Scott Stratton & Alison Kramer
Create Distinction: What To Do When “Great” isn’t good enough to grow your business, by Scott McKain
Profit First: A Simple System To Transform Any Business From A Cash-Eating Monster To A Money-Making Machine, by Mike Michalowicz
The Richest Man In Babylon, by George S. Clason
The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months, by Brian P. Moran & Michael Lennington
- Text the word sidegig to the number 22828 to get the free video: How to Build a Six Figure Side Business
- Subscribe to Six Figure Side Gig Podcast
- Visit the website at SixFigureSideGig.com
- Write a Review on iTunes